One of the original group of three stone drawn lithographs of Ithaca, New York, drawn by Henry Walton. Hand-colored and in period frames under Museum glass, that is non-reflective, and mounted with acid-free materials. The first image of the group was made in September of 1837 and is a View from East Hill. Cornell University is built on East Hill , and the view is into the downtown of Ithaca from a position on Eddy Street.
Restoration and stabilization of the images; washing, de-acidifying and flattening, were done by Alan Firkser of Paper Conservation Studios in New York City. The images are remarkably detailed and the settings are renouned for their historic accuracy and beauty.